The CHR warmly congratulates the postgraduate fellows who have completed their degrees. We wish them every success as they pursue their advanced postgraduate and postdoctoral studies as CHR fellows:
- Fernanda de Pinto-Almeida, supervised by Prof Premesh Lalu, completed her doctoral dissertation in History early 2020, has submitted revisions requested in her examiners reports, is due to graduate and will be taking up a postdoctoral position at the CHR.
- Sibongile Khumalo, supervised by Prof Jane Taylor, completed her Masters degree in English, has graduated, and is now proceeding with her PhD program in Gender and Women’s studies as a CHR doctoral fellow.
- Medina Moosa, supervised by Prof Heidi Grunebaum and co-supervised by Prof Paolo Israel, completed her Masters degree in History, graduated and is proceeding as a CHR doctoral fellow with a PhD in History and Politics through a joint doctoral program of UWC and the University of Ghent, Belgium.
- Zuko Sikafungana, supervised by Dr Jung Ran Annachiara Forte, completed his Masters degree in Anthropology, is due to graduate and will take up a doctoral position in Anthropology as a fellow at the CHR.
- Llewelyn Jegels, supervised by the late Prof. Michael Wessels, completed his Masters degree in English and is due to graduate Cum Laude.